Our green roofs are designed to be eco-friendly, produced with a minimum carbon footprint.
Smart Green Technologies’ roofs are truly eco-friendly. This means:
- Grown hydroponically, using up to 70% less water and 50% less fertilizer than conventional growing.
- Prioritizing organic materials over plastics, from recycled zebra and quagga mussel shells to organic coconut fibres.
- Reducing carbon footprint, shipping lightweight, soil-free mats requiring less fuel for delivery.
- Using direct-from-source lake water, reducing the burden on public utilities.
And, all green roofs:
- Significantly lower heating and air-conditioning usage
- Help reduce air pollution
- Lower urban temperatures
- Hold rainwater to reduce burden on municipal infrastructure.